The Council on Litigation Management Selects Starr to Speak at 2012 Annual Conference
October 23rd, 2011
The Council for Litigation Management (CLM) selected Joseph A. Starr as a panelist for a presentation entitled: "You Can’t Tweet or Post That! How Carriers, Risk Managers and Defense Counsel Can Manage Evolving Employment Practices Liability Claims and Risk Management Concerns Arising From Both Employees’ and Employers’ Use of Social Media," at CLM's Annual Conference in San Diego, CA, in March 2012. The panel includes: Jason A. Fogg, Vice-President of Claims, Monitor Liability Managers; Phil Krajec, Vice President, RSUI Group, Inc.; Benton J. Mathis, Jr., Managing Partner, Freeman Mathis & Gary, LLP; and Mr. Starr. This panel will address:
- The pitfalls to avoid when using social media to screen potential employees or make employment decisions;
- Potential liability arising from employee use of social media at work and at home;
- How to find the social media that is the right fit for the employer;
- Privacy concerns arising from employer and employee use of social media;
- How to use social media to defend against EPL claims; and
- EPLI coverage related to the use of social media by both employers and employees.
For more information about the CLM Annual Conference, see:http://www.litmgmt.org/annual-conference.