Zeth D. Hearld
Zeth D. Hearld is an associate attorney with Starr, Butler, Alexopoulos & Stoner, PLLC. He focuses his practice on the defense of management in disputes concerning employers, including claims related to discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. He also practices in the areas of professional liability, medical malpractice and commercial litigation.
Mr. Hearld received his law degree from Wayne State University Law School in 2014. During law school, he was a member of the Moot Court team. He also worked as a clerk for a union-side labor law firm in Detroit. Mr. Hearld received his undergraduate degree from Albion College in 2011. After graduating from law school, he worked at a Detroit litigation defense firm, where he specialized in consulting and representing employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation, including in federal and state court, arbitration, and before administrative agencies.
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., 2014
- Albion College, B.A., 2011
Admitted to Practice
- All Michigan state courts
- District Court, Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch - Employment and Commercial Litigation (2022-2024)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Presenter, “Case Law and Legislative Updates Regarding the Americans with Disabilities Act & the Family Medical Leave Act 2016-2017” Sterling Education Services FMLA Seminar, April 2017
- Presenter, “Department of Labor and Office of Civil Rights: Surviving Audits and Other Legal Updates” Michigan Home Care and Hospice Association Annual Seminar, April 2018
- Panel Speaker, “Rise Up! LGBTQ Workplace Issues Panel” Michigan Association of Counties/Michigan County Medical Care Facilities Council 2018 Seminar, August 2018
- Presenter, “Marijuana, Paid Sick Leave, and Increased Minimum Wage—What Employers Need to Know” Oak-Mac HR Association, December 4, 2019
- Presenter, “Michigan Recreational Marihuana: What Providers Need to Know” LeadingAge Michigan, Webinars, January 9, 2019 and January 16, 2019
- Presenter, “Fair Labor Standards Act: Classifying Exempt & Non-Exempt Employees” Michigan Home Care and Hospice Association Annual Seminar, May 2019