Alex L. Alexopoulos
Phone: (248) 864-4931
Fax: (248) 353-6440
Alex L. Alexopoulos is an experienced trial lawyer committed to handling each case thoroughly and aggressively, while being responsive to his clients’ individual needs and concerns. For over 30 years, he has worked to defend employers and professionals in federal and state court. He has successfully handled appeals in the Michigan Supreme Court, the Michigan Court of Appeals, and the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Mr. Alexopoulos works with clients to learn about the details of their business or situation to help them successfully achieve their particular goals. His client base includes large corporations, as well as smaller businesses and individuals. He has worked with a wide range of professional clients, from sole practitioners to mid-sized privately-owned firms.
He has aggressively defended his clients against complex legal claims, including:
- Breach of Fiduciary Duty
- Failure to Detect Embezzlement
- Tax Advice Errors
Mr. Alexopoulos has extensive experience representing employers in defense of employment practices claims, including discrimination, retaliation, and FMLA claims. With a strong background in accounting, Mr. Alexopoulos also has special expertise in defending professional liability claims brought against accounting professionals.
A strong academic foundation laid the groundwork for Mr. Alexopoulos’ successful legal career. He attended Oakland University, graduating cum laude in 1983 with a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting. After successfully passing the CPA exam in 1986, Mr. Alexopoulos graduated magna cum laude from Michigan State University College of Law in 1987 with his Juris Doctor degree. While attending law school, he served as law clerk to Honorable James S. Thorburn in the Oakland County Circuit Court.
- Commercial Litigation
- Insurance Defense
- Employment Practices Liability
- Labor and Employment Law
- Education Law
- Accounting Malpractice
- Legal Professional Liability
- General Liability
- Oakland University, B.S. in Accounting cum laude, 1983
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D. magma cum laude, 1987
Admitted to Practice
- All Michigan state courts
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- State Bar of Michigan, Member (Labor & Employment and Litigation section)
- Oakland County Bar Association, Member
- Hellenic Bar Association, Member
- Michigan Judges Association, Assistant Treasurer (1988 – present)